Stories on Values Competition 2018 now open!
To schools, organisations, parents, and others associated with children aged from 7 to 11 - anywhere in the world - do encourage the children in your care to write their own stories for this year's very exciting Stories on Values Competition - to mark World Values Day 2018 on 18th October.
For guidance on How To Enter - just click here.
The closing date is Friday, 12 October 2018 but do start sending in entries NOW and by 12 October at the very latest.
How long can a story be?
* A story on a favourite value chosen by the child can comprise up to 400 words (in English) and it can be illustrated by the writer or another child up to the age of 11 but this is not mandatory.
* The stories can be fictional or based on real-life experiences, personal or otherwise (but not using real names).
What are the prizes?
* The 1st prize will be a £100 book token; the 2nd prize will be a £50 book token and there will be book tokens worth £25 each for the next 6 highly recommended entries chosen by the judges.
* In the run up to World Values Day we will be posting many of the best stories on our Twitter and Facebook pages and on the World Values Day site - so they can be read and enjoyed all over the world!
* We will award certificates to the prize winners and their schools - and also to each child whose entry is posted on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be announced on Monday 26th November.
Who are the judges?
We are delighted to welcome and are most grateful to our 3 highly esteemed judges, all of whom want children to have the very best start in life and know just how empowering carefully chosen values can be and how such values have enabled them to lead such innovative and successful lives: Professor Sir Albert Aynsley Green, Dr Jill Berry and Sonia Gill.
2017 Book of Stories on Values by children for children
We collected together over 30 delightful stories from the 2017 competition, along with some charming illustrations and pictures and compiled a PDF book which you can download free of charge - click here.
We hope teachers will be inspired to use some of the stories and pictures from this book and the 2016 book as additional resources when they prepare lessons using either our Education in Human Values (EHV) programme or the new SMSC/PSHE/British Values programme - The Big Think (TBT) - for children aged from 4 to 11 to be launched in the autumn of 2018.
2016 Book of Stories on Values by children for children
We gathered together 40 wonderful stories from the 2016 competition and many beautiful illustrations and drawings and printed them in a book. Do click here to download the PDF version free of charge. (Hard copies are available in the UK for £8 (including packaging & postage) - just send your request to email@example.com.)